• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
UPDATE: The first application for a CO has been filed on behalf of an Ericson owner in California.

I will advise advise again once it is approved, produced and in the hands of the owner so that a final process guide can be drafted and uploaded to the site that others will be able to utilize.

Thanks,
//sse

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
UPDATE 2:

Congrats to EY.o! The first application for a Certificate of Origin has been accepted and issued to our owner in Sausalito. Cost was $85 for a domestic address.

I have created an FAQ page on how to obtain this document for anyone else who needs a COO for their boat:

@Ralph Hewitt - you're up next. I will contact you back channel to set things up.

//sse

Last edited:

Marlin Prowell

E34 - Bellingham, WA
@Sean Engle You are the best! You hold together this website for all us ragtag sailors, and you spent months of effort to corral all the entities necessary to create Certificates of Origin for us.

I can’t express well enough what this means to me, but ….

Thank you!

This well-regarded web site and fountain of knowledge would not exist without your constant help and effort.

Saverio

Member III
Good morning to all of you, it is very nice to be part of EY. thank you. Sen excellent person, helpful, serious, congratulations for the work done. Be well. Hugs. Xavier.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Probably a Stupid Question-- will this have any usefulness for an owner wanting to document an Ericson-built boat that was never documented in the past?

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Probably a Stupid Question-- will this have any usefulness for an owner wanting to document an Ericson-built boat that was never documented in the past?
Not a stupid question at all. That was the very first use of this - for a USCG filing where it was specifically requested for a CA documentation, etc.

The next one should be that going down to Mr. Hewett in Nicaragua... I also have inquiries from Australia and one in Europe.

//sse

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
It just occurred to me, slowly, as things occur to me... :)
it might be best to complete this "title upgrade" soon even if an owner is not unhappy with his state registration. Heck, I would not mind removing those state numbers from each side of our bow!

Reasoning being that a future owner may want/value the assurance of being able to "go foreign" with a lot less hassle. Since most of the Ericson's ever built were designed and constructed to stand up to an ocean crossing, this may be more important than it might be for a cheaper weaker brand of boat that was built to tie up to docks and function mainly as a second home.

Last edited:

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
I’m thinking of getting one just to be able to “prove”, if needed, that my boat is not a “home built” as the state of WA has so wisely decided…

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
Update:

Just spoke with the General Counsel for the Irvine Chamber and it would appear that they are interested in helping our community come to a resolution on this issue. I need to draft the documentation mentioned in my post above and then kick it back over to him for review. The main documents I have that I will be using are shown below. There is some production information missing on some of the models, so I will work to flesh this out from other sources.

If anyone has any other reference documents or info on the production runs, please let me know. We will be keying in on the serial numbered hulls for simplicity, however will also mention those very early production runs that failed to have them.

In the end, we should be able to produce a CO or something very close to it that overseas owners can use in the registration of their hulls. This documentation along with a more complete history of the production runs will also be complied into some general documentation that should reduce the incidence of new owners asking about HINs, etc.

Stay tuned, and let me know if you have other documentation - I will need it this week.

//sse

View attachment 38180
Sean,
My E-30+ HIN IS 599, I can get the year she was made if you need i
t