• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Show me your transom decals

Aerandir

SV Aerandir
E 30-2 (78). Hull 28 out of 34. Tiller..
New vinyl lettering ..

Attachments

• 4D601DD7-D8FA-4B84-8269-41542017CBDB.jpeg
    4D601DD7-D8FA-4B84-8269-41542017CBDB.jpeg
    91 KB · Views: 31

Nick J

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
My wife worked with a friend to design our boat's new name and lettering and now we're ready to order the decal. Does anyone have a recommendation for a shop in the north west?

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
Does anyone have a recommendation for a shop in the north west?

I got mine done by Margaux of Margaux Marine Graphhics (http://margauxmarinegraphics.com/)

She's in Gig Harbor, but super easy to work with. I emailed her a PDF of the graphic, indicated how big I wanted it, and short while later a tube showed up in the mail with great instructions about how to apply.

Good materials, 5 years in it still looks great.

I went with a "two layer" graphic (blue font, with a silver background to make it "pop" a little).

Bruce

Marlin Prowell

E34 - Bellingham, WA
We used Special T Signs in Bellingham. At the bottom of their About Us page, they list Snohomish county in their service area.

Virginia is a graphic designer. She sent them the text as a vector PDF and the image as a 300 DPI bitmap. They created and installed the vinyl pieces for $175.

swallow.jpeg

Jerry VB

E32-3 / M-25XP
The good sloop "Jerry Rigged" - vinyl lettering from lettering.com.

FYI, you can upload a PDF of a graphic and they will turn it into a vinyl decal - when you go through the upload and ordering process, you can scale it to the desired size (e.g 4"). I did this with the Ericson logo but have not had a chance to replace my worn out ones yet. They charged me $12.98 for two decals.

Attachments

• jerry-rigged-stern-cropped.jpg
    jerry-rigged-stern-cropped.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 19

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Self-steering gear does get crowded back there. Coast Guard has never mentioned the divided boat name/home port (they're supposed to share the same space).

Ericson 381 with sailomat-001.JPG

Bolo

Contributing Partner
I found that restricted space on the stern makes a great place to proudly show off the Ericsson logo although some people not familiar with the brand think that I’m a Vikings football fan!! “Vesper” is on the sides of the hull with the home port name.

3C843219-4879-4E4C-838D-0884486E05D4.jpeg

Tin Kicker

Sustaining Member
Also from Lettering.com
20220602_074828-L.jpg

Kenneth K

1985 32-3, Puget Sound
Blogs Author
@jav317:

Great name! Funny, the lettering style is pretty similar to mine, though mine is just painted on the stern. A new decal is on the 'someday' list....

20190524_115440.jpg

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Lotus Flower's transom after the "swim platform" hardware was installed. Lots of things have gone on with LF's transom over the years ;-)transom .jpg

jtsai

Member III
I found that restricted space on the stern makes a great place to proudly show off the Ericsson logo although some people not familiar with the brand think that I’m a Vikings football fan!! “Vesper” is on the sides of the hull with the home port name.

View attachment 43565
Bob, where did you order the vinyl Ericson logo shown in your post?