• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Square Peg, Round Hole

bayhoss

Member III
After being on this forum for a very short time it is painfully apparent that unless you are a member of one of the many circles, posting a question is like buying a bow tie for a ghost.

Frank
E28 Valinor

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Dematerializing to offer 2 cents

After being on this forum for a very short time it is painfully apparent that unless you are a member of one of the many circles, posting a question is like buying a bow tie for a ghost.
Frank
E28 Valinor

Cool mental image, but ya lost me on that simile! Or is that the right word?
:nerd:

Remember, you gotta speak slowly and use more small words -- some of us are not only short of ectoplasm but are not real swift on the uptake, either...
;)

Regards,
Loren

Lucky Dog

Member III
Square Peg, Round Hole and ghosts

Sounds like it should mean something...I asked my wife, she says "ghosts don't have necks". I think she is thinking of the headless horseman. Which reminds me of, We had a accident in the wood shop a number of years ago. a student and a table saw. In trying to get student over the fear of using a the saw again, I told them, "it is like riding a horse, when you fall of you have to get back on and ride again. They responded. "I thought he got hurt using at the table saw?"

bayhoss

Member III
Ghosts have necks

Loren you hit the nail on the head (not exactly a suprise) with the smile. I have to be careful of my verbage. I'm a combination of historical writer / poet, with a background and education in engineering and organizational management. Thought transmissions frequently result in collisions that are not for the faint of heart.

Best,
Frank

Seth

Sustaining Partner
Still confused, though

I like to think I am somewhat literate, but I would be afraid to assume I knew what Frank was getting at..
Fill us in, Frank! You secret is safe here!
:confused:
S

Guy Stevens

Did he feel like we were not answering his questions

Most of his questions got some good replies from the group. The only one that seemed to be unanswered was did any of us have a recommendation for Trans Fluid.

Guy
:)

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Last edited:

bayhoss

Member III
More clarity

The orginal post made was not made to reference anyone in particular. I also made no reference to the literacy of anyone. It also was in no fashion a comment on anyone answering my post. I reply for more ofter than ask. The defined purpose of the posting was to acknowelege that there are small circles of people who are very active and post great deals of information (the circular part of the bow tie) and, there is a very large body of people who remain inactive (the ghost). The intent of the posting was to give a prod to the more inactive body of the forum. Doing this was put forth with the advance summation that it may leave me off some of the guest lists. Hence.. square peg, round hole.

Best Always,
Frank

Sven

Seglare
with the advance summation that it may leave me off some of the guest lists.

If we don't get invited to the party it would probably be a pretty dull one, so no great loss :egrin: Let me know if you see someone else get an invite so we can ask for copies.

-Sven