• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Thirty Year owners?

kapnkd

kapnkd
Thanks! …AND - like the Ericson (CaryOn), both are always wanting attention. ;-))) Regardless, I’ve never regretted buying either one especially given all the good times and enjoyment they have provided over the years.

appick

The former owners of my recently purchased 1981 E-38 owned it from 1983 until 2022. The boat really needs some work with high moisture from the dorade vents in the cabin top and the original gelcoat is mostly destroyed from the socal sun. The owner was 90yo when he passed last year and with any boat owned that long by someone that old a few things slip the maintenance schedule. It's clear though from the state of the interior that it was well taken care of for many years.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Off topic, Appick, but this thread might be of interest after you fix the leak:

appick

Off topic, Appick, but this thread might be of interest after you fix the leak:

Thanks Christian! I'll take a look! I spent my first day fixing aboard today! I tore out the old water heater and diagnosed the low water flow to about three separate issues. They were water heater hose routing, clogged raw water intake, and clogged heat exchanger.

I went for a swim in the marina with a screwdriver to clean out the raw water intake and then removed the heat exchanger for an acid dip.

Poked at the mast bar to clean out the drain hole and got sprayed in the face by a gush if water. It shot 4 ft across the cabin at the start and took 10 minutes to fully drain.

I then installed a new bilge pump and put on a fresh set of dock lines. Overall a great and productive first day and it feels good to be back to boating again!

Last edited: