• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

toe rail damage

EGregerson

Member III
Hi everybody; this is one of those "just when the forecast said 30 knots" stories. Ernesto measured 60 at the marina. I fared fairly well; didn't sink like some did. I'd like to know the extent of damage from the cracks (open fissures) in the toe rail. I doesn't appear to be serious at 1st blush but sea water got in and down into the cabin. This makes me wonder if something inside the hull, an inner wall might have been compromised. Simply: What can go wrong in there? Also can anyone recommend a fibreglass man (or woman!) in the chesapeake bay area?

Attachments

• DSC_0704.jpg
    DSC_0704.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 153

Shadowfax

Member III
Repairs

I'd have it surveyed to be sure that nothing truly horrible has happened. Your insurance will probably cover that. As to repairs; what part of the Bay are you in?

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Sorry you sustained the damage.

If you have the thick rub rail below the toe rail I would inspect that by taking the rubber part out and remove the plastic extrusion it is seated in as well. You may have deck / hull separation there judging from the looks of your toe rail damage. When I bought my boat I had this problem. I got my boat as a repo with no history of what may have happened, but I was able to repair it.

Sorry you sustained the damage, I am sure you will get it back together.

I agree with Shadowfax, have it surveyed professionally first.