• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

PNW Rendezvous - July 14-15-16 - Deer Harbor, Orcas Island, WA

light24bulbs

E30+ 1984, San Juan Island, Wa
Oh SHUCKS, I booked and went to add it to my calendar and my friends are getting married on the mainland on the 15th. Too bad, I live in Friday Harbor so it's right there. Double darn. Maybe I can come by car, shake hands, and see boats on the 14th or 15th on my way to the mainland.

hjohnson

S/V Sagres
Just booked our spot for our E27 Sagres and dinghy Prince Hal. Sagres turns 50 this year, so it will be fun to toast this milestone. Also, looking to defend the blind dinghy race title. :)

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
Add Makana, I hope. July's a crazy-busy month, but I'm going to try to make it, even if just a dash up and back for the weekend.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
We just found this unused (!) coupon handed out at the 2014 Rendezvous.
We still look forward to using it sometime... :D

I wonder if this year's organizers have something similar to hand out?
(Perhaps a coupon for One Free Crab from beneath the cold waters of Deer Harbor? )

Anyhow, we still like the whimsy and good humor of the idea.
:egrin:
Cheers,
Loren and Kathy

Attachments

• Rendezvous 2014 Prize.jpg
    Rendezvous 2014 Prize.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 14

Marlin Prowell

E34 - Bellingham, WA
Hey all. We’re on a road trip to Wisconsin right now. The only boat tally is what has been self-reported in this thread. We’ll check back in a couple days.

TKBLACK

Member II
Our PNW Rendezvous is scheduled - book your reservations now!
Deer Harbor Marina, Orcas Island, Washington
July 14-15-16

https://www.deerharbormarina.com
To make your reservation:
- Click on the green reservations rectangle on the marina home page.
- Toward the end of your reservation, in “Special Instructions”, state “Ericson Rendezvous 2023”. This lets the marina know you are part of this rendezvous and will group our boats together.

Plan ahead: Deer Harbor is popular, so make your reservation early so they can accommodate our boats in a group. Even if you are not sure you will be attending, make your reservation now. You can cancel days before the rendezvous without a penalty if you cannot attend. Dock reservations overall will be filling up, so it is likely doubtful they will have dock space available for late reservations in the height of summer, even outside of our grouping.

Deer Harbor Marina Reservation and Cancellation Policy: Our cancellation policy is 24 hrs. notice prior to date of arrival. (Call us by noon the day prior to your arrival date to avoid getting charged for one day). For reservations, The DOCKWA reservation system requires a card to charge you. The first day is charged when the reservation is confirmed and any subsequent days are charged on the day of arrival. If there is a cancellation more than 24 hours before the day of arrival, any of these charges that have been processed will be refunded.

For our planning purposes, please reply in this thread when you have made a reservation.

We have asked for the ‘party barge’ and use of the grill for Saturday’s dinner gathering. There are several other areas to group in ‘dock pockets/areas’, but we can’t book those. We will check into the restaurants and venues within walking distance for potential gathering spaces.

We will get a survey out for shaping the event in the upcoming week. Let us know if you’ve an idea for a presentation or speaker. We will be looking into ideas on that also, as well as drafting a 1/2 sheet flyer you can print out to spread to other Ericsons in your local areas!

Onward with fair seas and the sharing of skills, ideas, and camaraderie!
Dear Virginia
Tom and I will now plan to attend by automobile July 2023. Life dictates our releasing our ACHATES ‘93 Ericson 34-2 to new sailors.
Thank you for organizing
Deer Harbor has been a wonderful anchoring spot for us, with pleasant walking on shore.
TKBLACK: Tom & Karin

Bob Neumann

Hi. Bob & MarKay Neumann will be attending the rendezvous at Deer Harbor in July. We will be arriving on our boat, Ruach, an Ericson 35-2 (1975) moored in Anacortes. We were a week early to Genoa Bay last year and missed the 2022 rendezvous. We look forward to participating at this year's event. Bob Neumann

TKBLACK

Member II
Dear Virginia
Tom and I will now plan to attend by automobile July 2023. Life dictates our releasing our ACHATES ‘93 Ericson 34-2 to new sailors.
Thank you for organizing
Deer Harbor has been a wonderful anchoring spot for us, with pleasant walking on shore.
TKBLACK: Tom & Karin
Plans need to change as of April 2023. Sad to know we will NOT be able to attend by automobile either. However, we will be with you in spirit. Enjoy. Safe voyaging to you all.
TKBLACK /ACHATES. ‘93 PSE 34-2

Virginia

Member II
Hello Sailors!
We are looking forward to meeting you at the Deer Harbor Rendezvous July 14-16!

Attached is a pdf flyer for you to share to other Ericson boats in your marina.
1- You can send the pdf to others by email or text.
And/or
2- You can print out some flyers and place in a ziplock with a few pebbles for weight, and put them in the cockpit of other Ericson boats to promote the gathering.

We are in the stages of planning the weekend schedule and events, more information to come.
-
Virginia and Marlin Prowell

Attachments

• Ericson Rendezvous 2023 Flyer Single.pdf
    313 KB · Views: 31

DeanT

Hello Sailors!
We are looking forward to meeting you at the Deer Harbor Rendezvous July 14-16!

Attached is a pdf flyer for you to share to other Ericson boats in your marina.
1- You can send the pdf to others by email or text.
And/or
2- You can print out some flyers and place in a ziplock with a few pebbles for weight, and put them in the cockpit of other Ericson boats to promote the gathering.

We are in the stages of planning the weekend schedule and events, more information to come.
-
Virginia and Marlin Prowell
Hello Virginia and Marlin,
Glad to hear of the event and have paid for my dock space at Deer Harbor Marina.

I see you are from Bellingham, my former home. I look forward to meeting you both! I'm so excited to get back to the San Juans in my E36C, for the whole summer. It's been 25 years since I lived up there and explored the islands in my 18' motor boat. Been trying to get back ever since. Finally found a way to call it home again
Best,
~Dean Terry in Portland Oregon

P.S. Any chance you know of a Bellingham slip I might sub-lease for July thru September? Any or all of these months. Would consider Blaine or Anacortes too. I'm part of the Rose City Yacht Club here in Portland, with reciprocal privileges. That would provide a few nights here and there. I do have a mooring buoy reserved in Fairhaven, but for a rediculous $380/month with no dock/dinghy storage/power/water/shower. A dock would be nicer!

Virginia

Member II
Hello Virginia and Marlin,
Glad to hear of the event and have paid for my dock space at Deer Harbor Marina.

I see you are from Bellingham, my former home. I look forward to meeting you both! I'm so excited to get back to the San Juans in my E36C, for the whole summer. It's been 25 years since I lived up there and explored the islands in my 18' motor boat. Been trying to get back ever since. Finally found a way to call it home again
Best,
~Dean Terry in Portland Oregon

P.S. Any chance you know of a Bellingham slip I might sub-lease for July thru September? Any or all of these months. Would consider Blaine or Anacortes too. I'm part of the Rose City Yacht Club here in Portland, with reciprocal privileges. That would provide a few nights here and there. I do have a mooring buoy reserved in Fairhaven, but for a rediculous $380/month with no dock/dinghy storage/power/water/shower. A dock would be nicer!